Our experienced teaching staff is here to help your musician grow. We teach all styles of music and all levels. If your are a beginner or a seasoned player that needs some fresh input, our teachers are here to help you succeed. Learn songs or dive into music theory, we will tailor lessons to your needs!
DAVID GARRETT Guitar and Theory
- Teaches all ages
- Studied at Atlanta Institute of Music with focus in Jazz studies
- Tailors lessons to the students needs and goals.
- Rock, pop, blues, funk and jazz.
BRIAN REID Piano all ages all skill levels
- – Piano, Jazz Improvisation
- – Graduated from Kennesaw State University in Music Performance.
- – Performed in KSU’s top jazz ensemble
- – Several years performing and teaching experience
- – Specializing in ear training and music theory
JOHN HOUGHTON Trumpet and Brasses
Attended Trenton State Teachers College
- Specializing in range, power and endurance
- 37 years of coaching beginners through advanced professionals
- Winner, John Phillip Sousa Band Award
- 5 years Mercer Symphony Orchestra (Principal Chair)
- Lead Trumpet: Miss America Pageant, Ice Capades, The Four Tops, The Drifters and Bob Hope, among others
Beginner to Advanced Clarinet, Beginner to Intermediate Flute, Beginner Saxophone , Beginning Piano
- Graduate Music Education at the University of West Georgia
- Performed in the University of West Georgia flute choir, clarinet choir, saxophone ensemble, and jazz band
- 2006-2010 Principal clarinet of the University of West Georgia Wind Symphony
- Specialized instruction to cater to each individual student’s needs
- Instructional focus on developing good technique and tone
Susan Irais Reyes
Violin, Voice, Beginner Viola and Cello
- Music Education student at Kennesaw State University
- Teaches all levels of Violin, beg. Viola, and beg. Cello age 6 through Adult
- Specializes in classical training, but can tailor to all styles.
- Instructional concentration on Technique, Musicality, and beginning Theory..
- Current member of Kennesaw State University’s Symphony Orchestra, Mariachi Búhos de Oro, and Jazz band: Elephants Jerold. Has performed as concert master for KSU’s Philharmonic Orchestra and former member of KSU’s Advanced Chamber Choir.
Drum set and percussion instruments
- Received an undergraduate degree in Music Performance at Kennesaw State University,studying with percussion professor John Lawless and jazz drum set professor Justin Chesarek.
- Graduated from Florida State University with his Masters Degree in Jazz Studies and is now the current drummer for the Count Basie Orchestra.
- Selected to participate in the 2015 Disneyland All American College Band.
- He has collaborated with leading artists such as Trey Wright, Tyrone Jackson, Sam Skelton, Marc Miller, Marcus Lewis, Lester Walker, Rodney Jordan, Bill Peterson, Leon Anderson, Eric Reed, Scotty Barnhart, Ron McCurdy, and Marcus Roberts.
Guitar, all styles
Graduate of Kennesaw State University
- 23 years of teaching experience
- Teaches all ages
- Teaches all guitar styles: rock, metal, classical and blues
- Music education degree with emphasis on classical guitar
- Currently plays in multiple rock and country bands around the Atlanta areaChris Terry
Guitar, all styles: electric, acoustic, jazz, blues, rock and more!
10 years teaching experience
Full time musician, working around Atlanta and the Southeast
Ukulele and Beginner Guitar
- Specializes in Ukulele, all styles and levels
- Teaches beginner guitar.
- Teaches all ages 5 and up!
- Currently enrolled at Kennesaw State University